Monday, July 10, 2006

The Death!

Well, It happened! After over a month of showing heat related problems my main PC connected to the plasma display finally committed PC suicide today!

I had added an auxiliary cooling fan, which was working well enough, but evidently the power supply was having issues.

I had been playing Quake 4 for about 40 minutes when the smell of burning insulation filled the house AND FLASH! sparks flew from the computer case and it shut off! The power supply inside the case was too hot to touch!

Farewell, my old friend!

I just ordered a new case, heavier duty power supply, CPU cooler, and two 120mm fans for the new case. This should keep me cool and get me back up and running. Of course, with no ready cash, I had to play "Charge!"

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Why is it when goes they all go??

Trev had one go, not long ago, and in trying to work out what broke took out 3 more!!

Me Im down to using 2 and 2 laptops right now, I do have 2 other working machines but Im almost scared to turn em on.

So.. you've been quiet this week (as have I have to admit)..

post!post!post!