Friday, March 21, 2008

Sorry for the lack of updates

Sorry for the lack of posts these past couple of weeks, just been feeling sick, or having back issues, or just plain blah with many issues on my mind.

I had the day off today so I took care of a bunch of errands. I headed out around 9:30AM, it was very windy and the temperature just below freezing. First stop was to get Mr. Mustang an oil change, then I picked up some cash at an ATM, and stopped at the UPS store to send my X10 Icon remote, which I bought to replace me Harmony 880, back to X10. They advertise their Icon Remote as a Harmony 880 killer, well, let me tell you the thing is a piece of garbage in that it would not control half of my devices, though the 880 it was supposed to kill had no trouble doing so until I killed it accidentally! X10 has some interesting items but their customer service really sucks. I had sent them a detailed letter about the faults of the remote and all I got back was a form letter which at least had my RMA, so, I will get my money refunded. I have no respect for a place with poor customer service!

So, with that out of the way I went to Lowe's next as I needed furnace filters. I use the 3M heavy duty allergens filters and my furnace is a weird size so these are hard to find. Luck was with me they had two packs of them which saved me about 3 bucks a filter so I bought 2 2 packs.

I popped into work for a couple of hours to take care of a few loose ends from the week, which was very hectic. Work is becoming a real chore lately, what with having to do my old job and trying to learn my new job and working on the integration into GE's environment.....it's very stressful, and I am not very happy with my job lately though I am pleased to be employed, all the fun has gone out of the job.

I headed off to the accountant next, where for the past few years I have been getting good tax refunds. It's certainly more expensive than using Turbo Tax or another program on the PC, but they do a great job and I get good refunds. Just as I was starting back from the accountant snowflakes started falling.

Oh! I did not mention they predicted a big storm yesterday? One that they swore would miss our area.....well, it did not.

So, as I was getting off the highway which is right by my house I decided to continue on to Forest Hills Foods where I picked up the bare necessities (the simple bare necessities!) to get the kids and I through today and tomorrow. The store was a mob scene, probably fueled by the fact of the encroaching storm and people shopping for their Easter holiday.

I got home a little after one and loaded up the crock pot with ingredients for chicken soup (which was delicious), and Scott's girl friend Emma came over for dinner and liked it too.

Scott's way of asking me if she could come for dinner was me overhearing him telling her on the phone to be at our house at 6PM and we were having soup! I thought that was pretty amusing actually.

So, there's got to be around half a foot of freaking snow on the ground now around 11PM and it is still snowing! I guess we will break the 100" mark after all!


Some other things that have been going on...

A week ago was White Day so the day before, after I arrived home from work very sore and stiff, and having already stopped for groceries and wanting nothing more than t sit and relax Scott announces he has to bake a cake for Emma for White Day, so I got to take him to the store and get the ingredients, run him over to Gamestop for some game he wanted, and then stop at his Mom's house so he could get cake pans which I do not have. AND I got to pay for all the ingredients and help him make the cake! Even with my jaundiced views of relationships who am I to stand int he way of true love??

That White Day Friday evening Chris came home from college for the weekend, I made a pot of sauce (I think that's the third time now) in the crock pot and the X came over. We had a nice pasta dinner, Chris eating chicken wings as he hates pasta, and then the X, Chris, and I watched Stargate SG-1 The Ark of Truth, which was the movie that closed all the lose ends when Stargate SG-1 was not picked up for an 11th season. It was AWESOME and they did a fantastic job of closure.

Last Sunday Scott was out bike riding and he totaled his bicycle and bashed himself good, he was sore most of the week and the bike was a loss. I suggested Sears be checked for a replacement bike, and, after checking local bike shops and finding the prices way too high the X went to Sears and got a fantastic deal on a road bicycle for Scott. I paid for it, and she and Scot put it together, she doing a good job except for the fact she put the handlebars on backwards which became evident when the front wheel would not go on!

Last night the X popped by bringing Quizno's (fourth time for dinner in a week's period....I thought we were divorced!) and she, Scott, Danielle, and I watched "I am Legend" which I thought was excellent.

Danielle has really been enjoying the iPod Nano I bought her as a reward for her last three good report cards. She has been spending way too much time on the computer though and she has been ignoring my suggestions of policing herself before Mom and Dad do it...so....some checks and balances are going to have to be put in place. For example, this evening I sent her to bed on time instead of letting her stay up later like I usually do.

That's about it for now.........I'm going to go to bed shortly and either dream of warm weather of have frozen nightmares of a post apocalyptic freezing wasteland!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know all's relatively well. We got a dusting of snow! Otherwise dealing with some flooding due to rains. Not near like mid-east, though. I never knew about the Stargate follow up movie. Thanks for mentioning because I love Stargate. My niece, husband and I will love watching the movie. Stay well, Hugs from PA
Bev