Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years Daze

Well, we had fun at work on 12/28, we had a total Data Center outage planned so we could do some wiring the town's code required, we brought everything down in a controlled fashion. To make a long story short some equipment did not want to work and play nice with its neighbors so we had a rash of problems. Thank goodness for 24/7 shifts and good backups, all I can say is I need a vacation from my vacation break. The time between 12/26 and yesterday when we got the last system up and running seems like a cross between a blurred recollection of things that happened and a bad dream.....

ANYWAY....Happy New Year to All!

Update - To extrapolate further, for NY Scott, Danielle, and I stayed in. Chris went over to a friends house while the little ones and I alternated between watching TV together and them playing video games, we rang in the NY by watching the countdown at 11:55PM on the small TV in my room as the DVR was recording two shows. After hugs all around they vanished for another 30 minutes of video games, before we watched a Scrubs episode and I sent them to bed at 1AM on New Year's Day.

No comments: