Thursday, May 03, 2007

South of the Border Pasta

Dreamfield Foods, the place I get my low carb absorption pasta, is having a contest. Here's the recipe I submitted. For those not watching their fat and calories substitute 1/3 cup of heavy cream for the 1/2 cup skim milk.

ENJOY!!! If you try this let me know what you think!


South of the Border Pasta - Serves Four

Ingredients:
8 ounces Dreamfield pasta (Penne or Rotini)
8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast (cut tenders style)
1 tbsp packaged taco seasoning
1 tsp packaged Cajun seasoning or chili powder
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup skim milk
juice of 2 key limes or half a lime
dash of pepper
4 ounces Chipotle Cheddar
(optional - Fat Free sour cream served on the side)

Preparation:
In a ziploc plastic bag combine chicken, olive oil, taco and Cajun seasonings and lime juice. Marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours

Cook marinated chicken in a covered frying pan under low-medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cool, shred chicken and return to pan with chicken broth, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.

While chicken is simmering prepare pasta to package directions (minus 2 minutes), drain, and return to pot. Add chicken and broth, and skim milk. Add dash of freshly ground black pepper, cover and simmer under very low heat for two minutes or until liquid has thickened. Top with the cheddar cheese and if desired serve with fat free sour cream on the side for topping.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

That recipe sounds delicious! It sounds especially good, since I have only a banana and spring water to entertain my taste buds here at the office.

I have saved the recipe and shall produce it soon.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - I hope you enjoy it! I was thinking a bit of fresh cilantro would not hurt it either!

I must type up and post my Pasta Danielle one, that is chicken sauteed in olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and a touch of basil, mixed with some pasta.

I am frantically copying some drivers and such for devices I am moving to the new PC to a 2GB memory drive, and then the fun shall commence!