Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Armpit Hair

These past three days here in West Michigan have been the hottest of the year. Ozone and Heat Warning days. People passing out days......Free rides on The Rapids public transportation days.....AC running constantly daze, mercury pushing just under 100 degrees yesterday (99). Scott, Danielle, and I went to the pool and for the first time this season the water was no cooler than the surrounding air! It was like stepping into a spa; it was wet and warm and I wanted to drift off into sleep. Gulping water repeatedly kept waking me up however!

I was even more started around 10PM last night after I realized I had some trash that needed to go out to the curb (where the large can was already for the morning pickup). I was dressed in shorts and sandals, and as I stepped outside, I knew, in that instant, with the total clarity of though that comes with an Epiphany, what an armpit hair must feel like! I was SO much more humid than it had been earlier in the day when we were at the pool, even though it was only 90 degrees now. It was suffocating! I dumped the trash, feel to the floor in the kitchen and began kissing the air conditioning grate on the floor, bablling over and over again "I love you air conditioning!". I wonder what anyone without AC would have done on a day like this! many fans? Live done in their basements finished or not? Check into a hotel??

Blessedly it is supposed to be cooler today (ONLY around 90 though with the same humidity) but a cold front is expected this evening and temps and humidity are supposed to drop over the next few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back east it is blistering. 103 today.
It's nice to work from home with the AC on. :)

They expect later this week for it to break.

Charlie said...

Bah you lot and your ACs!!!

sweat it out man!!

(anyway, isnt that why women shave their pit hairs?? read my blog you!!)

Blandishment Blog said...

Liz, If you are 'sweating it out' in 100 F and a dew point in the 70's then I am well impressed! If not, well, then 'nuf said!

:)

Alfred Kuchinski said...

This is October 03, 2006 but I can remember some "BAD ASS" hot days here in Pennsylvania. This was the summer the air conditioning konked out in my car.
I slept with both bedroom windows open but the air was still as a corpse.
I prayed that a breeze would blow accross my chest and my clammy nipples would perk up.
AL KUCHINSKI