Monday, July 07, 2008

July 4th, 2008

Friday morning I got up, rode the e-bike, and after cleaning up I awoke Scott. His mom arrived at 11:15 and the four of us headed out to see Hancock which turned out to be very good with much more of a plot than the trailers on TV would indicate.

For dinner I made burgers with chopped onion in the meat for myself, the X, and Danielle, a plain burger for Chris, and grilled chicken marinated in olive oil, garlic, and basil for Scott. Chris and I topped our burgers with Jalapeno cheddar while the X and Danielle had Velveeta. I also acquired some side dishes (macaroni and potato salads) and made corn on the cob plus a nice salad.

I picked up special beverages, a four pack of Stewart's Root Beer for the kids and the X, and for myself some Jone's Sugar Free Black Cherry soda. Both of these average out to about $1.50 a bottle but it was a special occasion so I figured what the hey!

It was a delicious dinner! The X, Scott, and Danielle headed back to her house, and Chris stayed to watch two episodes of Doctor Who with me. Friends called during so he bolted right afterwards, I was glad just to have his company.

Around 10 PM, green laser point, fireworks, and lights in hand I headed over to the X for the annual fireworks extravaganza. Scott was restless while we were waiting for it to get dark and the X was watching a god awful movie, so he road his bike over to 7-11 to get me a beverage and himself a candy bar. We set off a medium size collection we got, and everyone was mentioning how it would have been nice to have more, so I went and got the even bigger box I had been hiding in the trunk. Christopher, who originally had plans with friends, ended up stopping over with them for the majority of the fireworks second round and a car stopped by the house to watch along with some passers by. We really though the folks in the car should have parked down the road a bit....but hey! It was their car! It was nice that I brought my laser, everyone was suitably impressed that you could see the beam in the evening sky and even more so when they could see the dot at the far end of the development, a good half mile away.

We spent a full hour doing fireworks and I headed home shortly after that. As this was the start of the X's weekend I spent the majority of the weekend indoors doing some chores and playing way, way, way too much Xbox 360! I also enjoyed Tails' company and she enjoyed chasing the laser around the house.

No comments: