Monday, June 05, 2006

Cool, yet HOT under the collar

Well, as I mentioned on my Memorial Day post the AC had given up the ghost. By Wednesday of last week I had it repaired. I have the maintenance contract with the gas company (all of you remember how many posts I did on the house heating problems this past cold season) but, the odds finally caught up on me. While all the cold weather repairs were covered, the AC was not. The compressor seized up, and of course the compressor is NOT covered. SO to make a long story short I used Service Magic to get bids from contractors in the area and by Wednesday I had working AC and they replaced the whole external unit that contains the compressor and cooling coils and fan. This cost me a bit over $1K, of course money I did not have and had to charge it. Sigh!

No comments: