Monday, June 05, 2006

The Weekend

Not much to say about the weekend though this post is quite lengthy; Saturday I spent 6 hours on-site at work (in addition to the extra time from home). Saturday night Danielle and Scott slept over, though Danielle was very sad (both because of the missing daddy issues when she is at her Mom's and that Scott had been teasing her. Scott was upset because his Mom talked to him about that; did not even give her a hug when she dropped him off. In spite of that, we had a nice evening. The tree of us watched the weeks episode of the Avatar, and D and I watched assorted other TV for the remainder of the evening including House. I took them to McDonald's Sunday morning and then did a few more hours of work, culminating in much fun cleaning of the gutters. I have one of those (heavy) metal sectional ladders that you can bend in a variety of shapes. I needed a straight up and down ladder, so, after bending it and thwoking myself in the head while folding the sections I finally got it up by the gutters. As I started to climb and hit the halfway point, image my horror and the ladder bent mid-way and I went plummeting towards the house! Other than extra pain in my back I survived the fall, and curse myself for NOT double-checking the latches were in place for that configuration. I rectified that, and began the fun process of by hand removing several inches of goo from the gutters and the top of the downspouts. This fun filled process completed (and another crack on the head with the latter) I headed inside.

Chris showed up around 1PM with his brother as his Mom was having an open house at her house (she put the house on sale last week). He stayed until about 2PM when he had a graduation open house to visit. Danielle and her friend Abby were in town for the Grand Rapids Festival of the arts. Around 4 I rode the exercise bike and then cleaned up. At 5:15 the X, her brother, and Danielle and Abby arrived to pickup Scott and I. We headed to Fire Mountain which is one of the better all you can eat buffets I have been to, and had an enjoyable dinner. Scott was cracking everyone up at the end of dinner by making gumdrop eyes for his hand and making a puppet out of It, soon to be imitated by the girls. Deb's brother commented that his brownie was a bit dry at dessert time; i replied back with, "Well, you mix a bit of coca powder, sawdust, and gorilla glue to hold it all together, that's what you get! In fact, no animals were hurt in the preparation of any of the 'meats' at dinner, and no real mike products were used in the 'ice cream' section of the dessert bar!" He left, and I took the opportunity to stick a steak knife in his brownie. When he returned and looked at it, I announced "He who shall remove the sword form the brownie will be king!"

We headed back, I was dropped off and did some work from home and watched some movies off the DVR, and THOUGHT I was going to bed around midnight when dinner hit with a vengeance and I was up[ until 4AM. I decided at work Monday morning that 2 hours sleep is just not enough!

No comments: