Monday, June 05, 2006

Friday Night barbecue

Friday the X was coming for dinner. It's always a pleasure to have her, plus I got to keep kids longer. I made three types of grilled chicken, some plain for Scott, some with Jack Danielle's Smokey Honey sauce, and some spicy with Roadhouse Hot and Spicy sauce. I also served baked beans, corn on the cob, pasta salad, and loaded potato salad which tastes a lot like a baked potato. All agreed it was a great dinner. I was stunned by Christopher thanking me and telling me he liked it. It is so rare that the kids will all eat the same food, but, ever rarer when they complement me on the cooking, so, I was quite gratified by the comments all had.
The X, Danielle and I watched an episode of Two and a Half Men off the DVR and then for dessert we had Ice Cream along with the Bananna Bread Danielle had the X had made for Danielle to take to class.

No comments: