Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Just another Monday in West Michigan

I had half a day as a personal day Monday so I just worked from 6P30-AM to 10:30AM and headed home. Scott and Danielle are at my house this week and have the week off. so Sunday night before retiring I put all the items I need for work into my bathroom so as not to disturb them. I got dressed and then headed right out the door by the garage.

After arriving home I rode the exercise bike and then headed out to the garage. A couple of months ago I had bought a holder for my iPod that plugs into the cigarette lighter and then broadcasts the sound from the iPod over the FM radio band. I finally decided to take it out of package and try it out. It worked flawlessly and I was berating myself for not having used it awhile back. I backed the car out of the garage and headed down to Forest Hills foods to get legal size envelopes to mail my taxes in. After getting them addresses back at the house the kids and I headed out.

It should be noted it's another glorious sunny day in West Michigan; the temperature at 2PM is barely 60 but Scott and I forgo wearing coats.

We stopped at Wendy's first for lunch then PetSmart for a couple of cat related items, and finally the Post Office so I could send out the taxes. Normally the accountant files mine but the X mishandled Christopher's (my oldest boy) taxes and had him claim himself as a deduction which he can't do as he's claimed on mine. SO my e-file bounced and now here I am paying for his amended return processing and running around with paper forms and such......oh well!

That done we returned home and Scott headed off for a bike ride, and Danielle, well......need I say anything??

Scott and Ben arrived back at my house and around 5:40 Ben departed. Scott, Danielle, and I headed over to their Mom's house so they could clean their rooms. After leaving there we parked on the side of Forest Hills Food and Scott headed off to China Garden to get dinner while Danielle and I went into Forest Hills Food; the X has been sick all weekend and was feeling terrible today after being diagnosed with a viral infection. She has so much on her plate with trying to run her company and all, I worry about her! We picked up something she needed at the store (her dinner was being taken care of by Scott next door) and I picked up a get well card for her as well.

We met Scott over by China Garden and then headed back to the X's where I ran in with her food and card, asking Christopher to serve his Mom because I wanted NOT to have this infection if I could avoid it! I also got to try some spicy beef jerky he had to procure which he said they made him sign a wavier for! Chris' friend Mike was there and he thought the jerky was very hot while Chris and I thought it had a nice spicy taste but certainly nothing major!

I exited the X's house and returned home where Scott, Danielle, and I enjoyed dinner watching a Simpson's episode (Treehouse of Horror XVII) and an episode of "The Critic". We followed this with an episode of "Monk" and then Danielle departed for the computer while Scott and I watched Psych.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris,

I hope your tax issue is quickly resolved and you soon have the refund in hand!

I specified that the state and federal tax refunds be direct-deposited. However, neither was. The bank apparently refused both direct deposits because of an arcane technical issue. That delayed the refunds by over a month. They have since arrived and have been spent, however.

- David