Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Technology Tales of Terror!
Vista SP1 Update Update!

I thought it was time to post an update to my Vista SP1 Update; hence what looks like the grammatically incorrect post title. Not that I am professing to know anything about grammar!

Anyway, to make a long story short including having to escalate my original ticket to management at Microsoft because nothing was happening for days, steps they had me try that I knew could not work, causing me to doubt the technical ability of those who were helping me, and other back and fourths, Microsoft has agreed to send me a new set of Vista media free of charge!

That saves me about $40 and is all I wanted as an outcome to this incident; now worst case I can do a clean reinstall of Vista which would be excellent! I feel vindicated because it was the incredibly poor performance of Vista that caused me not to archive my media iso files and burn them to DVD after I got fed up with the inability of Vista to boot or do any task in a timely manner.

I shall post again on this subject when the media arrived! Of course, there is always the possibility that even a clean Vista Ultimate SP1 installation will run like a slug on a cold day, but, I feel my tenacious nature has been validated and one way or another I will have taken this incident from start to completion. Even though my original estimate was for a Sunday afternoon or work and now it's dragged into two weeks.....we shall have some form of resolution!!

And, most importantly perhaps Vista will be my bey-atch after all is said and done!

No comments: