Saturday, April 01, 2006

Friday

I had a nice evening with the kids; they showed up around 4PM. Under the new budgetary restrictions in effect since I lost my OT this would be the one night we did not cook at home. For Christopher I ordered a Domino's XLP Cheese pizza (which will also give him left-overs for a dinner or two) and I took the kids to the China Garden. Scott had his usual Chicken lo-mien no veggies and Danielle and I did the buffet.

Cost of China Garden Dinner: Twenty-five dollars
Cost of Dinner Tip: Three Dollars
Watching the kids make "Super Cookie" out of the fortune cookies: Priceless!

We hit Forest Hills Foods on the way back, picked up snacks and enough food for breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Danielle and I will do the shopping for the rest of the week after we get back from the X's Mom's house where we are going later this morning to help her with her computer. We got back and alternated playing video games, computers games, and watching TV for the evening. We watched one of the better "That' 70's Show" episodes which was the Halloween one where they are goofing on Alfred Hitchcock movies such as "Physco", "The Birds", and "Gaslight"

Looking back, it was weird seeing that Halloween episode, and later watching a "Grace Under Fire" episode which turned out to be a Halloween one. Strange.....perhaps that is why I dream of battles with monsters last night.....

Now, if only my right leg had not been bothering me the last couple of days the evening would have been perfect (well, except for the spider incident where Danielle came running upstairs because the boys would not kill a spider. Scott upset her when he told her that "It can only hurt you if it crawls down your throat!")

AND on top of that let's close with "Dad's pick of The Lamest Excuse of the Week!" The X calls me around 1PM yesterday because Christopher had left her house to drive to see a movie with friends. (AFTER borrowing the money from his sister no less!) She wanted to know if he had checked with me first.
First off he knows that this is not allowed; either the X or I must be notified before departing whichever residence they are at. He knew she was going away for the weekend but left her a note. When I quizzed him on it he said "Oh, Scott said she was at work and I did not want to bother her!" Lame! The kids have called us at work before for the most trivial of reasons....someone's bothering me, can we have a treat, will you come home for lunch and bring us McDonald's, when will you be home......

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Bah, you obviously have so much fun you dont even have time to comment all over my blog! :P