Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hot Under The Collar

Never freaking fails....weekend with the kids, Security guard at work calls me at 2:30AM to let me know the temperature is rising in the Data Center. I get in, temperature up another degree within 3 degrees of when I must call everyone in to shut it all down....I put "Emergency Cooling Plan A" in operation.....that's fancy talk for I open the big door between the Data Center and the outside, put a BIG HONKING Fan in the doorway, and blow in cooler outside air while the security guard monitors the open door via their camera system. The AC folks were called at 2:30......not here yet over an hour later but on their way....the facility person nervous because the AC repair guy wanted to know where the cross street for our company (a regular customer of theirs) is.....

No comments: