Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Old Faithful

Danielle arrived home from school promptly at 4:30. We needed to head to Forest Hills to do the dinner shopping but I was still (had been doing it for about 90 minutes after I arrived home) in my work network finishing up some e-mail. I had put an ice tea in the freezer earlier and she was thirsty so I told her to get that. She forgot the "when something is partially frozen take the cap off very slowly....." rule as she walked out into the living room.

Like a bullet exiting the barrel of a gun the top shot up into the air releasing a spray of ice tea all over her, me, the computer, and the end table. She went and got paper towels and cleaned it all up. She was very upset though, even though I was not. However, a couple of minutes later I was standing up to get my coat and I felt a drop....I looked up at my 12 foot high cathedral ceiling and there in an 8 foot radius were drops of ice tea all over, and some dripping! I went and got the swiffer sweeper and put a new pad in which I dampened, and then spent about 20 minutes cleaning and sponging the ceiling to avoid staining. I ended up having to get a chair because she had hit the highest point of the ceiling on one place. She was SO upset, saying it was all her fault, but I finally got her cheered up a bit. Off to the store we went stopping outside in the yard to check a few of the flowers beginning to bloom.....spring it seems, has finally sprung in West Michigan!

No comments: