Monday, December 24, 2007

Sunday's Storm

I arose Sunday Morning around 7AM. By the time I fed tails and such and departed it was 8AM and the temperature was 45 degrees. We had snow on the ground the past week and frozen ice underneath but Wednesday started warming trend and as of this morning almost all the snow and ice was gone.

I went to Forest Hills Foods and did the remainder of the Christmas dinner shopping save the last minutes items I will pickup today. This is Italian bread, boneless Chicken breasts, and fresh herbs as I will be making Chicken Parmesan with butter and garlic bread. The garlic bread of course will be my infamous homemade garlic butter spread on the bread.

It was noticeably colder and windier when I exited the store. the bag boy and I loaded the Mustang, exchanged Christmas pleasantries and I was on my way. After putting away the groceries I noticed it was a little after 10 and the temperature had dropped to 32 degrees and snow had started. They had been predicting a big blow for several days now and it looked like they were going to be right this time.

I spent the day cleaning, doing some decorating, and wrapping the remainder of the Christmas gifts. The storm built and the winds increased. Tails and I stayed inside, her mostly snuggled up on my chest or darting around the windows to look out every time the wind howled outside. I also learned it is a fools errand to wrap presents with Tails around:

Click for a much larger picture in a new window

As the say wore on the weather got worse and worse outside; It was incredibly windy and near whiteout conditions as darkness came on. I heard on the news that 74,000 customers were without power.

I went to bed around midnight wondering what the morning would bring.....as I had to go to work.

No comments: