Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thanks Bev (and some weekend ramblings)

Thanks Bev for your comments on my previous post, which have driven me to resume posts. You're a great and caring friend and I thank you!

So, it's my weekend with the kids, I have them for the week and got them Friday night. It's been tough getting back into the dieting groove with them. I decided when I returned from NJ I really needed to take better care of myself, so, began watching my weight again. Today makes day 6. With the kids here it's a bit harder since they want real food, so I pick them up Chinese from the local place or go to Wendy's with them and sip a soda while they eat, and then come back here.

Today though I have some nice lean NY strips that will soon be marinating in anticipation of grilling later, and I got some excellent ears of corn on the cob. I saw an interesting technique for cooking onions on Grill It with Bobby Flay this morning, I may try that. You take a large onion, half it, in the middle put garlic and butter (I will substitute something for the butter) and some spices. Wrap in foil and then put on the grill. It looked tasty, I think I will wrap the corn in foil as well today and put it on the grill.

Last night on BBC America was the premiere of a new Science Fiction show called Primeval which is promising. The basic premise is that a temporal rift allows dinosaurs from the past to come to the present.

The X will be by soon to pick me up; I mentioned I had to go to Meijer's and since she had to go we decided to go together, and I invited her to dine with us later since I have an extra steak.

No comments: