Monday, June 23, 2008

Paycheck Snaffu

So, Friday I did not get my two weeks pay. I suspected there might be an issue as I was scheduling some bills online and did not see my direct deposit from work. Over the weekend I logged into the payroll system and saw that this was not a direct deposit issue, but something else; there was NO money queued up for the past two week pay period!

The X gets an automatic direct deposit when I get paid. Technically I am in violation of my child support agreement with the state of Michigan right now.

So, I got onto our work IM this morning and asked my boss if perhaps there was something she forgot to tell me, since I had not been paid. She was shocked and said I must call the payroll center. I informed her I spent 10 minutes yesterday navigating through all their voice menus. I finally found a selection that said "Press 2 if you have not been paid". I pressed 2 and was disconnected after being told they were only staffed weekdays. They could not have started off with this tidbit of information when my first selection 10 minutes ago was "I want to speak to a representative"??

So, at 9 AM when they opened I called the company payroll center, something else they outsource, and after 10 minutes on hold, I was told I was 'removed from the system at the request of the business'. That was all they could tell me. That and they could not help me and I had to call someone else.

"Who should I call?" I asked.

"Someone else." came the reply, though they could not tell me who!

So, after counting to 10 several times and waiting for the red haze surrounding my vision to fade a bit, I contacted my HR rep in Ohio, or tried to. After leaving voice mail I called her boss who got the ball rolling.

Well, after e-mail had been going back and forth all day, and they identified the problem, I still have not seen my $$$$

Oh, what was the problem you may ask? Evidently I was transferred to a division the payroll center (this one anyway) does not serve so they just dropped me like yesterday's news.

I have asked if they can tell me just how this happened. We shall see what transpires........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris:

I hope they correct this PDQ!

Blandishment Blog said...

As of this morning they are saying it should be 48 hours max before I see the $$$ in my bank account.

Unknown said...

Chris,

I sincerely hope you realize speedier results than I did getting my new GE microwave oven repaired under the warranty! That ordeal lasted nearly 4 months!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - Yes, I remember your horror story about that! As a GE employee I get a decent discount on anything GE, and 30% on out of warranty repairs! If they only made PC's, AV,vehicles, or Home Theater equipment I would be set for life!!