Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Status Updates - Scott and I

I thought I would catch everyone up since I have not posted in almost a week. This is because.....

(Insert fade or ripple effect typical of bad 70's TV sitcoms indicating a flash back......)

I went to bed last Thursday evening feeling fine; I awoke at 4:30AM Friday morning feeling like I was choking on a pillow. My throat and sinuses were so sore and completely clogged, and I was running a fever.

I made it through the day and then spent the next four days feeling terrible which made taking care of the kids (Friday was the start of my week) a major chore. I ordered pizza and got Chinese take out, and Sunday, since it has been traditional and I know the kids really enjoy it, I did grill steaks for us though going to the store and making them was exhausting and felt like some major effort instead of the simple chore it normally is. Thanks to the X who came and brought corn on the cob and helped with the cleanup. The other four days nothing was cooked. I missed work Monday and Friday, though I did do some work from home I was too ill to do the whole days.

Today I feel pretty much recovered though my blood sugar is still north of 25 points higher than it should be; stress and illness really wreak havoc with your blood glucose levels when you are diabetic. For the first time in over a week, I was able to ride the exercise bike over my lunch break too.

Scott was feeling better with less dizziness Monday and, for the first time since May 2nd, made it through a whole day of school. Tuesday morning he woke up feeling more pain in his headache and more light-headed and weak. He only made half a day at school.

This morning he was so bad pain-wise, plus light headed and feeling very weak, he could barely rise so he did not make it into school. He has been struggling with trying to finish out his sophomore year of high school so he can go into the next grade come the fall. His mom has been busy working with the school to make arrangements for Scott having his tests staggered, and some of the work not done because of his absence dropped from the grading for his classes, so, [providing he gets some of the past work in and does OK on his finals he will pass, but, he will be going to school at least a week after it is over for everyone else since right now he's only going to do a test a day.

Scott is still going to the Chiropractor and we are anxiously awaiting word from the University of Michigan Medical Center as to when he will be going down there; I am just hoping it won't be next week when I must travel on business; the X is going to have her hands full enough (which I feel very bad about) having to deal with the kids herself.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

I am pleased that you are feeling better. I am very distressed that Scott is not. Please know that you and your family are always in my prayers.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - Thank you as always! It is going to be very rough being out of town next week!

Charlie said...

Well from what I understand the trip is off next week, Im hoping both o fyou feel better.

Blandishment Blog said...

Liz - I don't know where you heard that but the trip was on and I had an interesting week down in Ohio.