Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Dad Update

My Dad's not really any better....but by the same token he's no worse after five days in the hospital now.

Tomorrow my dad will be undergoing a procedure when they basically vacuum the lungs out. If this works the doctor is hope his quality of life, at least for now, will improve. With his age and current condition it is of course risky, but as my dad just said, he can't go on like this. he can't go from his couch to the kitchen without gasping for breath even with his oxygen tank.

I've have be so down these past five days, particularly after all the trouble Scott had, I feel emotionally bankrupt or at least overdrawn.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris - I hate to say I know what you are going through. And, with the second parent it seemed more desperate because then we'll be orphans if something should go wrong. What you are feeling is quite normal though no easier to endure for knowing. The procedure sounds intriguing. Do hope his condition improves quickly. Sending hugs from Beverly in PA

Blandishment Blog said...

Bev, thanks so much for the kind thoughts and hugs! You are a good friend!