Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday night

After work I decided to be industrious and I installed the custom order sliding shelf into the bottom left double-doored cabinet of the entertainment system. I'll post pictures later on. I wanted to remove the all-in-one printer device out of sight since it did not go with the home entertainment theater motif. AND the printer is white so it really stands out against my black components.

What a pain the install was. The bottom two brackets, which could easily have had metal between them to held them into place did not, so it was a fun experience particularly with having to work inside the back of the cabinet to get the rear screws in place. Lucky me got it right the first time and now the printer is hidden in the cabinet and slides out for easier access if you want to scan something or replace in cartridges. Now I must decide how to fill the empty shelf!

I picked up Danielle around 5 pM and we stopped at her Mom's and picked up her things, fed the Guinea pigs and gave them water, and then I ordered us dinner from First Wok which we picked up and eat while watching Ugly Betty. We then played Left 4 Dead for almost 3 hours on expert setting until Scott arrived home with the friends around 9 PM. I swear I was twitching when we stopped playing!

Danielle and I watched some TV, she and Scott (Who has SAT's this morning) went to bed around 11, while I stayed up until 2 AM or so on the computer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

That sounds like an excellent enhancement to the entertainment center. I eagerly await pictures of this.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - It is quite nice, though the shelf was a major pain to install because of the free floating brackets.

Unknown said...

Chris,

That sounds very good.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - It is very handy! And it is nice not having the white printer standing out against the other black components! Feng Shui has been restored to the entertainment system cabinets at long last.