Wednesday, January 09, 2008

HD-DVD Player

Using Gift Certificates for Amazon that I got for the holidays and a couple I already had I did procure the Toshiba HD-A35 DVD player which arrived yesterday.

It is incredible playing HD-DVD's (I got 10 free!) and on normal DVD's the upconversion does a fantastic job so existing DVD's look great.

I am most pleased with my new toy; I jury rigged it yesterday so I could watch the HD-DVD version of Serenity. my Plasma only has one HDMI input and usually the PC is connected to that. While my Onkyo receiver has two HDMI inputs, I was shy a cable, so I unplugged the PC to connect the HD-DVD and I used the optical audio output on the HD-DVD player fed into the Onkyo. It was incredible! I ordered another HDMI cable which shall arrive today then I can have both switched through the receiver.

Tails was impressed too; below is a picture of her taken during the battle of the Alliance and the Reavers in Serenity:


Curious, Tails also looks like this when I make Beef Jerky! You may click the picture to see a much larger version in a new window.

No comments: