Thursday, January 24, 2008

The long weekend......and assorted stuff

It was a long weekend for some anyway; some of my counterparts in the GE world had Monday off, my site in Grand Rapids did not.

The xbox 360 returned home last Friday which was surprising, it only took 12 days from shipment to return. As I expected the replaced it with what appears to be a brand new unit. It has worked flawlessly and the kids are once again playing Rock Band. We've also ordered The Simpson's game which should be here in time for the weekend!

I've been attending management meetings remotely from my home office since Tuesday and the kids have of half days for tests, plus they had Tuesday off as a snow day. So, I've been taking a lunch break each day and making them lunch and spending a bit of time as these meetings run until 5PM each day.

My back was bothering me all of last week and is still a bit stiff, I lunged after Tails (who is doing fine!) and twisted my back.

Other than the weather post, Christopher showed up from college last Friday night as the school was closed Monday. He arrived around 8PM in a t-shirt and the temps were in the 20's. He forgot a coat.......and over the weekend I made him take one of mine as it had dipped down into the single digits.

Over the time he was here he spent the majority with his friends but we managed to sneak in some TV watching together, and one night I made him one of his favorite things to eat; Taylor Ham, Turkey Bacon, Egg, and Cheddar Cheese on a soft roll.

On the TV side with the writers strike not much is first run, though Ugly Betty, Big Shots, Stargate Atlantis, Monk, and Physc are putting out new episodes which are enjoyable. Tonight for the first time since before Christmas Chuck is on with 2 new episodes. I've been finding life in old favorites such as Angel being run from the first episode started a couple of week ago on TNT and King of the Hill something I used to watch once in awhile, I have been watching many episodes, most of which I have never seen.

Not much else going on in this neck of the woods! Can't wait for the warmer weather so I can resume walking using my new wireless FreePulse Headphones for my iPod touch.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

Winter DOES SUCK!

A mere 6 degrees separates the low and high temperatures here today: 36 low / 42 high.

There is no snow, however!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - Sounds like a blamy spring day to me....it was 4 degrees when I arrived at the offce around 7AM this morning, it has since 'warmed up' to 15!

Unknown said...

It is considerably warmer today!

It is currently 48 degrees, and the high is forecast to be 51 degrees. The low last night was 43 degrees.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - It is jsut about 34 degrees at 10AM. That;s the first time in about 10 days we've been above freezing, much warmer than the single digits of last weekend!