Friday, January 04, 2008

Snowing, Snowing, Gone!

Thanks to the snow on the evening of Sunday December 23rd, a fierce storm in fact, we had a white Christmas. We also had light snow Christmas Eve day and some flurries on Christmas. On Friday December 28th I came into the office to work and by the time I left around 1PM, it had began snowing heavily and sticking to the roads. It snowed far into the night and we got about six inches of snow. There were dusting during the week and weekend, and New Years it began snowing around dinner time and snowed through most of the night for another 5 inches.

Below is a picture of the front of the house with some snow and showing the only external Christmas decoration I have used since being here. I had no plans on doing this, but, since it depicts "A Charlie Brown Christmas" I had to do it! It was a royal pain running power from all the way on the back of the house for this; I had to buy a 100 foot extension cord and a timer a route it along the house, using cup hooks to keep it in place. I also had up until the day after Christmas, a small illuminated Christmas tree inside the leftmost window which could be seen outside.


Click either image for a larger version


A Close up of the Charlie Brown Christmas Decoration

New Years day, after predicting just light flurries we got another 4 inches by Wednesday morning when I left for work. And, it snowed part of the morning as well!

According to the weather this will all be gone by Monday. The temperature had been in the teens and 20's since a few days after Christmas. As of Friday January 4th, it's in the mid 30's with low 40's projected for tomorrow, high 40's for Sunday, and 50+ on Monday!

So, I decided to be efficient, not lazy, and after snow blowing once New Year's morning, the rest of the snow has lain where it has fallen since it will soon be gone. I just shoveled a bit by the front door.

No comments: