Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Kids, gotta love 'em!

Yesterday one of Scott's friends was supposed to come over after school. He was going to walk from his school to our house (about 1.5 miles). Anyway, as I sat riding the exercise bike last night while it was raining outside, the friend called. Evidently he had the good sense (I thought at the time) to ride the bus to his house instead of walking in the rain. I told Scott this when he arrived home and told him to make arrangements to play tomorrow. I got off the bike, and, being somewhat disgusting and in need of a wash, off I went. Scott calls through the door moments thereafter "Friend Name Inserted Here is coming over; he's riding his bike". I basically replied along the lines of are you guys crazy (it's a 10 minute ride by Mustang and we are talking 13 year old kid here on majorly busy roads!) it's pouring rain out! So, after getting cleaned up I told Scott I was concerned that the friend might fall or something, and in the future I did not want him riding up here. "His Mom said it was OK" was the reply, "Well, I am saying NO in the future, I'd rather go and get him" .

Anyway, the friend shows up disheveled, arm, elbow, and finger scraped and bleeding, soaked through (no jacket) to the skin and dirt all over him from where he took a tumble! Anyway, he got cleaned up, bandaged, and borrowed a set of Scott's clothes. I had him call his folks a bit before it was time to go home and they picked him and his bicycle up.

No comments: