Friday, May 26, 2006

Losing One's Cool

Sigh! The humid weather approaches. I ordered a portable window exhaust fan for the house to try and reduce the dependency on AC because the budget is still recovering from the high heating bills of the winter. Plus, as I found out last summer, before the central air at my house can be used this year it is going to need service. Last year it would run continuously barely providing adequate cooling. Though I have no ready cash for repair I have used one of the on-line services where you put in a request for services and they have several companies contact you. I figure a free estimate could not hurt......though I'll have to see what the cost is for any needed repairs.
I wonder if having multiple bids from the same coordinating service will be a good thing! Each company contacted knows that others will be bidding too, so, perhaps that will keep costs within reason.....or.....will it be more like throwing me to the wolves.........

No comments: