Monday, April 09, 2007

The "Diet or Die" diet

Friday I got a call from the Doctor and they confirmed via my blood and urine tests that I am diabetic. My cholesterol is also way way high and my blood pressure, even on two medications for the past couple of weeks is too high.

This AM I did my usual Monday morning ritual at work and checked my vitals. Heading into week three of what I now affectionately call the "Diet or Die!" diet, I am down 10 pounds since I started, whoo hoo, only 80 or so to go......

I just scheduled my Diabetic Education classes, they start April 24th.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, I saw the kids (well, 2 of them, Christopher chose not to be up at 9AM for the Easter Egg hunt and basket opening rituals) at the X's house in the morning. She invited me back for dinner but as some non-family members were invited, and because I was so dizzy and woozy yesterday, I declined. Other than riding the exercise bike I pretty much sat around and rested, watching assorted TV, using the computer. For Easter dinner I had toasty ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese sandwiches in my GT express.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris,

I am pleased to see that your diet is going so well. This is great news and must be very encouraging.

- David