Monday, May 19, 2008

Scott and the Chiropractor Part Deux

Scott has his first treatment session with the chiropractor today; they use computerized feedback equipment utilizing technology developed by NASA. Most impressive over the manual adjusting my chiropractor uses. The computer showed that Scott had several areas from his neck all the way down to his tailbone that were out of whack. AT one point when they were working the spine down by the tail bone he jumped which I could not help but chuckle at; he got his revenge shortly thereafter.

He'll be going for three visits a week and while they say results will not be overnight, the areas affected in his neck are the ones that can cause dizziness and headaches. Scott had a headache going in, but he said it was noticeably better after treatment, and double doses of extra strength Tylenol have been ineffective in dealing with this.

I told Scott this was encouraging news and shows there is physical evidence here to support his problem, and we'll see how things go moving forward. I got him Wendy's for lunch, where I had fun chasing a $10 bill across the drive through lanes as it blew out of my hand when attempting to pay for my order! I am sure Scott was laughing at the site of his portly old man running across the parking lot chasing that $10.

While there is no guarantee this chiropractic treatment will help his dizziness, I feel based on the information we have that its beneficial to proceed, while exploring other options as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

This sounds encouraging. I continue praying for Scott's full and speedy recovery.

I am chortling over the image of you chasing the $10 bill!

- David

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to hear that Scott is doing noticibly better! He's too young to be in soo much pain. Tell him that we are pulling for him to get better fast!

On another note, it was a little amusing imagining you running across the parking lot chasing a $10 bill.. :)