Sunday, May 18, 2008

In Memory of Speedy

You have to be a pet person to feel the sense of loss of a pet. Today Danielle's dwarf hamster, Speedy, passed away. It was Danielle's first pet that was hers, and that she was responsible for.

I told her about it this morning, she cried a little bit but then seemed OK for the rest of the day. I queried the X and she said Danielle had not been spending too much time with Speedy lately, another thing she has outgrown I guess. I remember how much she wanted her own pet and how many times she asked before the X agreed, and before we got Tails, I remember the ritual of bringing Speedy to my house whenever Danielle was going to be here. Kids grow up too fast.....

The X buried Speedy next to Chocolate, Scott's first Guinea Pig in her backyard. So, Speedy is in good company.

Enjoy that Great Big Exercise Wheel in the Sky Speedy!


"Speedy"
August 28, 2006 to May 18th, 2008

No comments: