Saturday, February 18, 2006

And so it begins......

Hello!

Rather than continuing to send out multiple e-mails with the same content I've decided to create a blog; that way for things I would send to everyone, I merely need to post them here, and I welcome and expect your comments!

After receiving a 6 pound Taylor Ham from New Jersey earlier this week, and debating the purchase of a meat slicer....yesterday after taking my friend Josh to lunch to celebrate his 30th birthday, we stopped at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I bought the meat slicer

This was the best $99 I ever spent! Less than five minutes to perfectly slice the entire 6 Pound Taylor Ham! I cut it in half and then sliced one half into thin slices (about cheese thickness) and the other into about quarter inch slices. I then cleaned and stored the slicer, and made (on whole grain bread) a Taylor Ham and Cheddar cheese sandwich!

It was ONE DEGREE this morning with a wind chill of MINUS 17....just a balmy Michigan day, though the sky was incredibly clear at 6AM when I left for work and the stars above shown in all their glory, a site rarely seen in such magnitude. It makes a person seem small when presented with such a majestic canopy in the heavens above!

Today is my 13th day in a row working, but, I will be out of here at 10AM since I have the kids this weekend. By 'in a row' I mean coming into the office since I usualy connect to the office remotely every day.

Scott, who has been sick all week with a viral infection, is doing a bit better and now thanks to his codeine based cough syrup he has been sleeping through the night like a log! He has never been this sick for this long, but, I'm hoping this weekend sees him clearly on the mend.

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

dawve - When we moved out here we tried to get the local supermarkets to order Taylor Ham, they wanted nothing to do with it.

Last August, we\hen we went out to Jersey, brought back 12 pounds in a cooler. I had tweo lunches here one week with assorted friends from work who had never heard of Taylor Ham. They enjoyed Taylot Ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches and everyone loved it!