Tuesday, February 21, 2006

How NOT to keep warm.........


While it has been cold here in Michigan, they have had their cold days in my former home of New Jersey as well. My friend Kevin sent in this shot of a house down the street ablaze. Evidently someone had plugged in a heating pad and I'm thinking left it unattended. When using electrical appliances care is necessary! You should never leave any kind of heater unattended.

Today begins a warming trend here in Michigan, this AM a warm and comfortable 28, projections of highs into the low 30's and perhaps 40's tomorrow!

It is to be a short reprieve however as snow and single digits are again forecasted here for the weekend.

My friend David in California does not trust the weather forecaster. He has stated that he can often get a more reliable forecast by looking out his window each day!

HERE they are much more accurate; not because they are better, but because if they say cold in the winter, they are usually right!

Everyone have a good day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! That is definitely not the way to warm one's house! It is a shame Kevin did not get closer, as it looks to be a dandy fire!

I looked out the window this morning and predicted a warm, sunny day, and that is just what we had!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David- I have seen many fires in my day; some day I will tell you the story of the school next to my house (when I was in 5th grade) that burned one night. The local police accused myself and several of my friends for this!

Sadly, from talking with my brother, this fire ended in tragedy; he recognized Kevin's street when he read the article about the house fire. Apparently the husband, age 75 was severely injured when he unsuccessfully attempted to rescuing his wife.

A sad ending to the story....all because someone left a heating pad unattended!