Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Weather outside is frightening

Unlike yesterdays morning temperature of one degree, it was a warm 10 degrees in West Michigan this morning! This picture is looking out the front door.Was there any doubt that last night Taylor Ham would be on the menu? Christopher and I had Taylor Ham, Turkey Bacon, Egg, and Swiss Cheese (I also added a slice of Cheddar to mine). Christopher had his on a NY bagel, and mine was on whole grain bread. Danielle opted for just Turkey Bacon and Egg on a NY bagel. Scott had a NY Bagel with cream cheese.

Scott was doing much better last night, still tiring easily, but obviously feeling better! We are planning on going and seeing the Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin this morning.

After I arrived home from work yesterday and rode my recumbent exercise bike (because of my back I need the support that the seat and back rest provide) Danielle and I headed out to do assorted errands. We hit several stores including Costco (Good samples abound there!) followed by Target where I picked up some Jones Sugar Free Black Cherry soda. Since Danielle had done so good on her report card I also got her one of those portable five game video games that you just attach to the RCA inputs on your TV. She also got some markers and a Spongebob creativity set. We hit Meijer's for some needed groceries and picked up (ugh!) McDonald's on the way home for her and her brothers.

The remainder of the day was spent playing video games, using the computer, and watching TV with assorted combinations of kids depnding on what was on. We finished up with a couple of Wallace & Gromit short features. After the ritual of getting Scott to take his medicine (the worst smelling stuff that ever came out of a bottle!) he and his sister retired.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

It is sunny and warm here in Northern California, and I was very comfortable, relaxing in my recliner, reading email, waiting to leave for church...THEN I saw the picture of your weather. YIKES! Now, I am shivering uncontrollably!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

I trust the service at Church this morning was a good one! We just got back from the movies...and it has warmed up considerably; NOW it is 15 degrees!

Anonymous said...

...and THAT is why I didn't move to Michigan...
Seriously (yeah, right), is there anybody left in Michigan - there weren't that many to start with and they ALL seem to be down here.

Blandishment Blog said...

Hey there Bob Hupp! How's going??

Yes, some days here it is cold as anything, but, were you still ont he east coast you would have been hammered with more snow then what we got!

The weather here today is actually sunny and clear, though colder temps are on tap for the weekend.