Saturday, February 25, 2006

Taylor Ham, Taylor Ham, Where for Art Thou???

Last night was yet another night with NO Taylor Ham! Tonight there must be the classic Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese sandwiches for dinner, with sharp cheddar cheese on multi-grain bread!

As I had the day off yesterday I took Scott and Danielle off to breakfast after the morning session with the exercise bike. They of course opted for McDonald's. As Chris will not usually rise before 1 or 2PM on the weekend of days off from school we brought him back some and stuck it in the fridge.

Scott asked if he could have a friend over and before the friend arrived my friend and co-worker Russ popped over as he was in the area; he had not yet seen the 50" plasma and seemed suitably impressed by its presence. Scott's friend arrived and that was pretty much the last I saw of Scott and Danielle as they vanished off to play video games with the new arrival. I spent a couple of hours doing e-mail for work and playing some F.E.A.R which I finally got to the end of. Video games on the 50" plasma display pumped through the surround sound amplifier are awesome! I fear that when the summer arrives and the sliders in the living room are open to admin the breeze, the police will be called by anxious neighbors hearing shotgun and machine gun fire coming from my house!

While this was transpiring the X called letting me know she had an unexpected business appointment and asking if I could feed the kids. Since this meant extra time with the kids it was a no-brainier and I agreed. Chris got up, ate his McDonald's, and left around 3PM to go to a friends house. After Scott's friend left at 6PM I ran them over to the China Garden a local place that also has a buffet.

Normally I am not too thrilled with the food in the buffet, but, we timed it right on a Friday night so they were constantly replenishing the supply in the buffet, and I just followed the pattern of getting food as it was brought out. It turned out to be one of the best meals I have had there. Danielle joined me in eating from the buffet and soon adopted my style of going for the fresh food. We both pounced on hard-sought items that are rarely put out like fried chicken wings and other items, snagged the majority of them before the hungry hoards present could! Scott had his usual Chicken lo-mien with no vegetables. He does not go much for the buffet since there is only vegetable lo-mien which he does not like.

We then went home and started watching one of the original Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers since I wanted to see how they liked it compared with the Steve Martin remake. They both liked what they saw but we had to stop midway through as their Mom arrived a half hour earlier than the had expected. :( Scott's friend who departed earlier returned a few minutes after 8PM and they headed back to the X's house for a sleep over.

I was very pleased that they enjoyed one of the original Pink panther movies, it seems very rare these days that there is a common ground regarding movies and music that I grew up with that the kids enjoy too, so, when one occurs it is a special occasion that really makes me happy.

I recorded Sci-Fi Friday as I had expected to have the kids later, so, this evening there will be Sci-Fi Saturday! I spent a couple of hours watching TV (re-runs from the DVR including Knight Rider, Darma and Greg, and Murphy Brown) before retiring as I knew I would be heading into work in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been play an on line game you migh want to take a look at.

http://www.eve-online.com/

Blandishment Blog said...

Barry - I will have to check this out, thanks very much for the link!!