Friday, February 24, 2006

Links of the Day

Four links to share this morning:

If you are into computers, then this link is an absolute must! It contains 46 of the best freeware utilities ever written. Everything from Antivirus, video/audio editors and more. If you subscribe to the mailing list you get a link to another page with over 30 more free packages. There is some excellent material here! Being a computer geek I pride myself on knowing where to get the best free software; I am not ashamed to admit I found some programs here I did not know about!

Many of us have tried different IM clients; because of the firewalling I use at home (both hardware and software) I have trouble sending/receiving pictures. So recently I started using the Hello Client which lets you chat and easily send pictures back and forth easily. From their web site "When you use Hello, you get to see your photographs together with your friends online. You don't have to wait for huge email attachments to download or upload your pictures to a public website. Just point at a picture and you can tell the person who sent it exactly what you think. With just one click, you can get the original high-quality, full-sized file to print"

If you download the Hello client and want to chat or send pictures with me, just let me know. Hello also works with the program described my next link below.

Have pictures you want to organize? Then try Picasa. From the Picasa web site: "Picasa is software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC. Every time you open Picasa, it automatically locates all your pictures (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual albums organized by date with folder names you will recognize. You can drag and drop to arrange your albums and make labels to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your pictures are always organized. "

Both Picasa and Hello are now owned by Google. I have been using them for some time and they and excellent free programs.

And finally, Are you having trouble caring today....well...click here and let the computer do it for you!

No comments: