Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rainy days, no kid days always get me down....


Not that you usually have to worry about rain in West Michigan at this time of year!

The resilience of kids really amazes me....this is a 'no kids' weekend, and there is always, even approaching the second year mark of living in my own house, a 'blue haze' hanging over the weekends when I do not see the kids. While I know they are sad when they do not get to see me, it does not prevent them from going through the day having fun, etc. With me, there is that 'blue haze' keeping me company.......sigh!

Saturday was uneventful, worked for about 6 hours, came home, did some chores, worked on the PC...and had my SciFi Saturday, well, two-thirds of it anyway! I watched both Stargates and both episodes were excellent! It was good seeing 'Trip' from Enterprise on Stargate Atlantis!

There WAS Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese sandwiches for dinner, with freshly ground pepper on the fried eggs and a bit of ketchup on the sandwiches. Delicious! Ketchup and Mayonnaise (separately, NOT together) go great on Taylor Ham sandwiches, or they are good without them! It depends on ones mood of course......

The snow the weather doom-sayers predicted for the weekend never arrived, while it is colder than it has been during the week (in the 20's today), no snow was seen.

However, I miss days like those shown below (pictured are Scott and Danielle tossing a Frisbee in front of my house)!

1 comment:

Blandishment Blog said...

Ben,

My pleasure! This was one of those rare cases when it clicked in place as soon as I saw him, though I have had instances where I have pounded my head against the wall to try and figure out where I have seen someone before.

PS - They look at me funny at work when do that!