Saturday, June 02, 2007

Living in a Fantasy (From Now On)

Well, we're into day 5 of scanning and retouching pictures for my son's graduation open house tomorrow. I find myself getting misty-eyed, and sad, because since the first time after the divorce, I am, once again, in possession of the family photo albums. So many pictures of the X and I, and the kids and us as a family. If my older son knew how hard it has been doing this for him, though I would never tell him...because I love him so much...it is a small price to pay to do something for him

Supertramp has a song entitled "From Now On". One of my favorite songs and it came on while I was scanning old pictures. The chorus, which at some times I can really identify with goes:

Guess I'll always have to be
Living in a fantasy
That's the way it's got to be
From now on

And it just happened to play as I was scanning the following picture (one of the ones my son wanted in his video presentation). I think it's a perfect fantasy to live in...at least for the rest of the day anyway......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

Old photographs are a great source of entertainment and evoke memories that are sometimes pleasant and sometimes unpleasant but always entertaining. One of my brothers recently sent me a CD of scans of old photographs. It was wonderful viewing them.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

It was a trip down memory lane all last week as I worked to create the DVD for my son's open house. Some other gems will be posted I am sure!