Thursday, June 21, 2007

Son of Hot Sauce

Last night my daughter and I used the majority of the left over spicy hot sauce my son Chris and I had made Friday evening. Sadly, as he was working (yes, working, the second day since last summer!) and had to meet a friend after work, he was unable to attend.

I took some frozen skinless chicken breast tenders and put them in a pan with some Red Monkey Cajun Spice rub, and then cut them in strips and finally tossed with hot sauce. We put them on LA Tortilla Company high fiber low carb tortillas, which are excellent!

Accompanying mine were shredded lettuce, diced tomato and fat free sour cream, while Daniele had lettuce and either buttermilk ranch or fat free sour cream. They were excellent!

There is still a quarter cup of the sauce left. Sadly, as Chris is right now having oral surgery, we would be unable to enjoy it before it goes bad. So, I will have to use it this evening! I am thinking of mixing it with some lean ground beef and chopped onions, and then making grilled spicy hamburger roll ups! Or cheeseburger roll ups with fat-free cheese. I may even add some Red Monkey BBQ Spice to the mix!

No comments: