Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Danielle!

My 'little girl' turned 14 today!  We'll be taking her to dinner this evening with the X's folks and giving her some presents.

The one plus side of the X's job taking so long is I got to see my girl this morning before she left for school!

Because she's at those teen years where she sometimes has trouble talking to us about certain things I wrote her a long heartfelt letter and emailed it for her to read, reminding her how much we love her and will always be there for her in good times and bad, and other mushy sentiments like that!

Seems like just yesterday I was breaking all land speed records rushing to the hospital for her delivery.  For those of you who do not know the X had MAJOR complications with Danielle's pregnancy.  She spent weeks in a special wing of the hospital with an operating room right by her room.  Danielle was born weeks early and the X ended up with medication induced asthma from all the medications she had to take to get the baby's to mature quicker so she could have  a normal birth.

Every time I see my daughter I realize what a miracle it is to have her!

And yes, I'm very happy too that the X made it through!  We could easily have lost one or both of them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Danielle!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - It was an interesting evening to say the least.