Saturday, September 06, 2008

Video of the Day
My Morning Walk

This would not have been my first choice for my morning walk but I must have made a wrong turn somewhere!  Click below to play the video as it is most awe inspiring!



This is the El Caminito del Rey (The King's pathway) is a walkway, now fallen into disrepair, pinned along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro, near Álora in Málaga , Spain . The walkway has gone many years without maintenance, and is in a highly deteriorated and dangerous state. It is only one meter in width, and over a 700-meter fall, and over time it has also lost its handrail. Some parts of the walkway have completely collapsed and have been replaced by a beam and a metallic wire on the wall. Many people have lost their lives on the walkway in recent years. After four people died in two accidents in 1999 and 2000, the loca l government closed the entrances. However, adventurous tourists still find their way into the walkway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK now breath deep. That was cool and terrifying and I really need to take a few more deep breaths:) Thanks for the adventure.

Glad technology allowed you back, too.

Blandishment Blog said...

bev - When I was younger I would have done this without thinking....and had done some similar dangerous (yet not this dangerous!) things in the spirit of adventure.

Nowadays, I don't know if I could do this.

Unknown said...

Chris,

I understand, certainly. When I recall some of the things I did as a young creature, I cringe in fear from the recollection!

- David