Wednesday, February 06, 2008

6 PM Update on Storm of 2-06-2008

As the X was coming over to pickup the kids, and in typical fashion they both had their boots at their Mom's I went out at 5:30 to snowblow so they could walk to the car without getting frozen snowy feet. There is 6 inches of snow and it is still coming down hard. They are predicting near whiteout conditions for the next hours or so and expect some outlying roads to be impassable. My beard was frozen and I was encased with frozen snow due to the high winds and had to shake out my coat in the garage before heading back into the house.

There is virtually no food in the house, except for Tails, but I have no plans of taking the Mustang on the road this balmy evening!

I took some more pictures all are show below, and all can be clicked on for much larger versions (you must view the last picture in larger size to really appreciate it):

A tuckered Tails could care less about the wind and snow right now!



The view down my cold and bleak looking street.



Shot with flash to capture the snowflakes; I love this one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There is virtually no food in the house, except for Tails, but I have no plans of taking the Mustang on the road this balmy evening!"

Another pun!! Please don't eat the cat:-) As if you ever would.

We got 2.8 inches of rain in the last week. Guess I can be glad for that after seeing your raging storm photos. Loved them all and was charmed to see Linus and Charlie Brown still giving their message.

Blandishment Blog said...

Bev - I would never eat Tails, the amount of time and effort required to de-fur her would be way too time consuming!

I ended up cooking some Dreamfield pasta and tossing it with (ugh!) some pasta sauce from a jar! It was decent for a "I'm trapped in the house with no food" meal.

You got a lot of rain! Did you see the picture of the house I posted in December that has the Charlie Brown display illuminated?

take care!