Sunday, February 17, 2008

Friday and the Crock Pot O'Meatballs

Friday as they were going to be fixing my desktop PC I left at lunch time so after lunch I could work from home. I stopped at Forest Hills Foods on the way and picked up ingredients for homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs. I broke a record and within 20 minutes of arriving home I had meatballs made and the sauce in the crock pot and got to work until the kids came home a bit after 3 PM.

Around 3PM, as Emma was due over since she and Scott were going to be taking in a movie later, and since this was the last day of my week with the kids the upstairs of the house had, shall we say, lost all it's Feng shui, I decided to spend a bit of time cleaning up and folding three loads of that had been living on the two seat sofa since the day before.

The smell of homemade pasta was in the air and I asked Scott if he wanted to have dinner hear or go out as his mom had mentioned to him the night before. He checked in with Emma and they decided to eat here. The X arrived around 5:30 with a loaf of garlic bread and once Emma arrived (preceded by a phone call from her mom to gt concurrence of the kids evening plans) I set two types of Dreamfield pasta, spaghetti and Rotini, to boil, and when it was ready we ate.

Everyone agreed that the crock pot sauce and meatballs were a success, so, I will be posting that recipe shortly! There was also Italian sausage and pepperoni in the pot as well.

Everyone headed off around 7:30 or so and Tails and I settled in for a quiet evening of TV.

No comments: