Monday, February 04, 2008

Friday and the weekend OR I am so sick of this crap

Well, as predicted last Thursday we did have snow overnight into Friday, snowing well into the afternoon in fact.

The kids had their third snow day, which means any more extend the school year by however many snow days are taken from this point, and as I was already scheduled to work from home, I reveled in not having to deal with the roads and such.

As I could not get a confirmation that Chris, who was supposed to come home from college for the weekend, was aborting his trip, I went out around 3:30PM as the snow was almost stopped, to snow blow the driveway. He arrived as I was halfway through this process and I had him park outside on the street while I finished.

The rest of the weekend was a blur with Chris coming and going at all hours culminating with some friends coming over Sunday. I let them have the living room for three hours so they could play Rockband, while Tails and I retreated into my bedroom to file and watch some TV.

Chris and I did have two dinners together and we also watched some TV while he was here. I always enjoy having some time with him when he visits.

It began snowing YET AGAIN around 10PM, quite heavily in fact, and by the time Chris left shortly after midnight there was already a couple of inches. It snowed through the night it and it had just about stopped when I arose for work this morning for a total of about 5 damp inches of heavy snow.

I am going to gamble here because today the temp is supposed to hit 40 and be there all night long into late tomorrow. As it is also supposed to rain I am figuring this will clean my driveway and walks since MORE MORE MORE RANT RAVE DROOL SLAVER CURSE snow is due Wednesday morning. Heavy snow no less!

Oh, on the not frustrating side of things I did make a batch of the famous Chris Squared hot wings this weekend and tweaked the recipe and cooking method which according to Chris and I made the wings even better. When I have a change I will update and repost the recipe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where is worse for the snow. New Jersey or Michigan? We're having a thunder shower this morning. I'm actually missing snow this year, again. Just a few dusting to a few inches. I always love hearing the fun you have with your children. And, I'm glad that finicky snow blower is getting you through (I love puns:-).

Unknown said...

Chris,

I can tell you are tired of the snow! :)

I eagerly await your chicken wing update.

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

Bev - Great Pun! I answered your question about the snow in one of today's posts.

David - I don't mind the snow so much, as the constant removal of it from the driveway and roof!

I will update the chicken wing recipe shortly.

Anonymous said...

I do love those wings, and driving home sucked so so much that day. But I survived.