Friday, February 01, 2008

Thursday Morning & Afternoon

Thursday morning the roads were almost as bad as Wednesday until I go to the main road about half a mile from the plant. I also swung by the Costco to see about some gas, but they were 7 cents a gallon hire than the local Forest Hills Foods gas station, so, thumbing my nose at Costco I headed into work.

After departing work with cash in pocket I headed over to Burger King. I found the manager and paid her back the money for yesterday's lunch. She went over to talk to the teenager who was on the window yesterday and I heard him mutter something along the lines of he would not have trusted me he did not expect to see me back with money. I called over and said "It's people like you that make this world a cold place and people like your manager who make it a better, caring one. If you learn nothing else here, learn that and follow her example!!". Having had it "My way" I took my leave after thanking the manager once again.

At least the roads were decent though you still had to watch for some icy spots, I was doing 70 (the Michigan highway speed limit in most areas) for the majority of the trip.

I arrived home and had just enough time to snow blow the driveway before the kids had arrived. I was so disgusted with the snow and roads yesterday I had not done this. Danielle arrived home (Scott had to audition for the more advanced choir) and I discovered a message on my Cell that Scott had called. So, I called him back, Danielle and I gathered up the rental video game and Garfield Movie, and headed up the Northern Trails High to pick him up. It was beginning to snow.....yet again.....

We took the long way back so I could swing by Blockbuster and then we stopped on the far side of the parking lot at Forest Hills Food adjacent to the strip mall where China Garden is, a lower quality Chinese place than First Wok but closer.

As we had done many times Scott headed over to order and get food while Danielle and I headed into the grocery store. As another snow warning was in effect, I wanted to insure we had supplies to get through the day tomorrow.

We grabbed necessary supplied and headed out, picked up Scott and stopped at the gas station so I could slake the Mustang's thirst for petrol and fill the gas can for the snow blower.

We arrived home, had our dinner and settled in for the evening, the requisite game playing, computer using, and TV watching taking place in various combinations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you got the bad weather. I was a bit upset because we are having another ice storm. You would think we lived in Virginia not Pennsylvania. So glad to hear you and the kids survived, and the Mustang, too. And, now I'm glad we only got a mild ice storm. Take care and maybe consider some piece of junk car for driving to work??:) Although it is so cool driving the Mustang I'm sure.

Blandishment Blog said...

Bev - Hope your weather is not too severe! Can't afford the insurance on two vehicles.