Thursday, February 21, 2008

Moon over Michigan

Wednesday morning the full moon hung so low in the sky if I had not been late for work I would have gone back in and gotten my camera. Trouble was to see it I had to be at the intersection and I was running late.

I realized after the fact that of I could see the moon the sky must be clear and it was and while the temps never rose above the low 20's THE SUN (THE GLORIOUS SUN!!!) WAS OUT ALL DAY!

Last night was a total lunar eclipse started around 9:30 PM. Every 10 minutes or so until 11PM I went back to the back of the house and looked out the rear sliders. It was awesome! Times like that I feel very insignificant in the face of nature!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

The sunshine was bright and wonderful here yesterday. It was 64 degrees.

TODAY, however, it is raining and considerably colder. It is forecast to rain through the weekend and into next week. YIKES!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

David - Did you get to see the eclipse by any chance?

I hope the weather is wrong and you have a nice weekend weather-wise!