Friday, February 22, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

Thursday morning in the Grand Rapids area the temperature overnight dropped to five below zero! That's way cold enough for me! This morning it was 30 degrees warmer at the same time. Today we may hit 30 and it is brightly sunny and will be over the entire weekend hitting the mid 30's.

Of course, next week there is another storm with snowfall accumulation predicted; we shall see what happens.

I got an e-mail from my brother Rick in New Jersey early this morning; they have 7 inches with more on the way; predicted to continue snowing until past midnight this evening. Yesterday at work a gentleman I had been meeting with for work left to fly home to the east coast. he was happy because when he came out Tuesday night this week the place was a mess and it was snowing heavily. I heard thous morning he was stranded somewhere, not able to make it back home because of the storm hitting the east coast!

Steve in NJ, Bev in PA, are you guys seeing snow and if so how much?

I must admit I am pleased someone else is getting snowed on and that my sky is sunny and blue! Perhaps that makes me a lesser person, I do not know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris:

I decided to stay at home on Friday even before the storm had started. The weather forecast turned out to be wrong: the snow arrived very early Friday morning instead of later. I awoke for work (@4:15 AM) to find a good 5 inches already in the driveway. It snowed heavily after the sun came up, but I put the time off to good use.
As soon as the snow let up (about 10:30) I started the snow blower and cleared the driveway. (Did get bad fuel, again!? Sputter, sputter, choke, etc.) I think I also had at least 7 inches before it turned to rain and sleet mixed together. This happened a lot earlier than the forecast predicted. The snow was heavy to lift in a shovel before noon.
And I wanted to thank the folks across the street for plowing their driveways’ snow onto the storm drain on my side of the street and my front yard. The salt will do my yard good in the Spring.
But things were a lot better today. No problems getting around, even to NYC (in sneakers). This year is the 150th anniversary of the building of Central Park. I got some good exercise walking through there today…
Even though this amount of snow is nothing compared to when were kids, and nothing compared to what you had in MI this winter, I think we both would like to see some warmer weather PDQ.

Steve From NJ.