Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow news is good news

Good News: The snow they predicated yesterday never arrived! And it was a balmy 12 degrees this morning! A veritable heat wave! Scott and Danielle were a bit disappointed that school was on, but, tomorrow is another day!

Bad News: It was delayed. Where? I do not know. Dinner at a friends house? Maybe a movie, dinner and drinks with that special hurricane? Perhaps it even found someone even more pissed off about too much snow and reveled in ticking them off further, though now it is predicted to hit this afternoon and evening. I hope it holds off until after 3:30PM; Scott is auditioning for the talent show after school and I will have to pick him up. Even after a week the roads are still very iffy in spots because of the extreme cold. I was going around a very gentle curve not even doing 15 mph this morning on my way to work and the back of the car began sliding.

Yesterday on my way home, withing the first two miles of the drive I encountered 2 accidents, one of them with at least 5 vehicles (and this was not on a highway or anything) and crossing the bridge over I-96 on Forest Hills were the marks in the snow going up to the guard rails of at least two vehicles, that, if not for the rails would have gone over the edge to the highway below.

So, once again we shall see what Mother Nature brings. The weather, as much as it ticks me off is transitory! I get 10 times more joy on mornings such as this just be seeing Scott and Danielle before I head off to work. That's what's really important; everything else is just an annoyance!

No comments: