Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Dreams can really, really, suck!

It's actually been at least a few weeks since I had one of those happy dreams where the X and I are still married and the kids are all with us. I was having them at least once a week up until this year.

I had one last evening where we driving around vacationing with friends and family. It (seemed to be) a lengthy dream visiting many people in multiple locations including friends and family I knew and some I did not (my dream visions of some of the X's many friends I never met I reckon).

It was such a good feeling, and in these dreams I do not realize I am divorced and it was just how I imagine I would like life to be when I am awake and pondering this issue.

So, needless to say when I awoke this morning hours before work I was filled with a great sadness, a sense of loss, and the melancholy feelings of "what might have been". I hope it is many weeks again and longer still before I have another one of these dreams! As enjoyable as they are I feel very bad feelings-wise right now.

Oh well, at least I had going to work to cheer me up and more snow on the horizon! Whoo Hooo!

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris,

I hope future dreams leave you smiling upon awakening.

My blog this morning features a photograph of RAMMMMM in the snow! It rarely snows here, but it did (albeit not much) on January 28, 2002!

- David

Charlie said...

Its made so hard because in effect each time you wake up and realise the sadness is the dream isnt true, you relive through the break up blues of missing them..

:(

*hug*

Blandishment Blog said...

David and Liz, thanks for the kind thoughts and the hug!