Friday, February 08, 2008

Snow (uh, slow) going Thursday morning

I should have worked from home Thursday too. The kids had no school again. Even though it had stopped snowing around 8PM Wednesday night because of the depth and reach of the storm snow removal took well into Thursday evening in the city and suburbs and longer further away.

So, when I left for work Thursday morning there was so much snow at my intersection, even with a running start the Mustang got trapped for 15 minutes.

My thanks once again to the Township of Grand Rapids for their usual freaking too little, too late ineffective plowing of my street, which in effect is a dead-end, but is in fact an older development with many houses and side streets.

My real thanks go out to the trash men who were going by just as I was getting ready to break out the collapsible shovel and try and dig my way out. With a push of ricking the car and pushing on the rear the Mustang was extricated and was able to continue to work. If I was living back in Jersey they would have rode past laughing and I would have had to call AAA!

Even when I got home from work yesterday my street was still clogged with no and their was little traction. Around 5PM the plow made another pass and when I had to run out for cash around 6PM the going was not as bad, though I had to make the right turn out of my street from the left turn lane because the right turn lane was still fairly clogged.

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES!
The weather for today is forecasting additional snow and snow over the weekend too which is supposed to be bitterly cold, dropping into the single digits and perhaps hitting the zero point Saturday night into Sunday morning.

It is snowing right now in fact outside my window at work.... We shall see what we get in total!

No comments: