Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day After

So, Yesterday was Valentine's Day, I did not post because for me the day is a mixed bag that largely contains much pain. It is one of the half a dozen dates of the year I feel really alone or hurt. I do hope those fortunate enough (and believe me you are truly blessed if you do, to have a significant other, I hope you had an enjoyable day and realized how lucky you are to have each other.

On the positive side I did give my daughter a big box of Candy which she really liked, and I gave Scott the same amount in money which I know he enjoys.

Wednesday night I helped Scott out who wanted to make icing stuffed heart shaped chocolate chip cookie sandwiches. He and I went to the store to get supplies, he shaped them, I baked them and cleaned everything up, and when they were cool he iced them.

For the first year since the divorce I did not even send the X and e-card, I figure I can't send a 'let's be freinds' sentiment card because for whatever crazy reason I still love her, so, better to send nothing at all. It felt weird though, but, perhaps it is a positive step forward.

On the weather side the sun is shining, we had a few inches of snow overnight, and a big storm is heading this way for Sunday into Monday. Monday and Tuesday the overnight temperature is predicted to be below zero.

I have homemade spaghetti sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and meatballs simmering in the crock pot; if it turns out well perhaps if there is interest I will share the recipe!

No comments: