Monday, December 29, 2008

A Pretty Quiet Sunday

One of the frosty panes of the garage's back door window.

The majority of Sunday was very quiet; after arising and riding the exercise bike Tails and I spent the day watching TV, relaxing, using the computer, and even a bit of a nap, something I rarely, if ever do. This need to nap might have been caused by the piece of leftover lasagna I had for lunch, you never know!

Another thing of note is I was pleased to discover that after four correct weather predictions in a row which was starting to freak me out a bit, the forecast for today was way off, it was supposed to be above freezing and never did make it above 3o degrees.

Around 8:45 PM I left to pickup Danielle and Lucy at Danielle's friend's house. The roads were fine until I turned on the friend's street and I finally found roads that are cared for less by the town than my street is; treacherous ice and snow everywhere, I had to maneuver the Mustang carefully, particularly in one spot where someone was having a party and people parked on both sides of the street leaving a passageway barely wide enough for the Mustang to squeeze through.

After hearing how the girls had a good time at the party and how Danielle basically abandoned Lucy socially when they arrived; she had to introduce herself around, we arrived home. Scott came in shortly after and while I made myself a late dinner of leftover turkey, stuffing, cooked onions, peas, and a piece of cornbread, he headed down to the China Garden. I had offered to make him some Ramon but he said he was going to go get Chinese food but he forgot his wallet so I gave him some money. He got his usual chicken lo-mien no vegetables and an order of chicken wings for Lucy and Danielle to snack on. We watched the Monk episode where he shoots Santa Clause. The girls headed downstairs, Scott and I played some left for dead for awhile before he joined them.

By the amount of noise coming upstairs the kids were having lots of fun and I let this continue to 1:30 AM before breaking it up by announcing it was time for bed. Scott professed he wanted to stay up but since he had been sick earlier in the day I insisted he go to bed.

Probably as a result of my afternoon nap I had trouble falling asleep and last remember the clock saying 3:00 AM before dropping off.


David Louis Harter said...

Brrrrrrrr! That photograph made me shiver!

- David

Chris said...

David - It was single digits when I took that picture!

David Louis Harter said...

Brrrrr! It was very foggy here this morning. Fortunately, it was 41° when I left the house at 6:45 AM--otherwise, it would have been a frozen landscape. Everything was very wet from the fog.

- David

Chris said...

David - We get fog that freeze on occasion - it can make surfaces very treacherous to navigate safely!