Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Afternoons off are GREAT

Today, tomorrow, and Friday I have afternoons off. I have vacation time from last year that must be used by the end of April or I will lose it. By taking two hours each day, I can work from 6:30AM though 12:30PM and be out of work!

I stopped at Costco's on the way home, where, with my membership card I scored some gas at an amazing 17 cents a gallon cheaper than any of the stations in my area!

I then hits Tommy's which is one of the quick oil change & car wash places. For $80 I got my oil changed, fluids topped, etc and they cleaned my fuel injectors. I felt sorry for these guys! One of the phases involves injection of fluids into the injector intakes. "You may want to close you windows for this!" they cautioned me. I did so just as huge amounts of gray smoke came billowing out of the Mustang's exhaust which was revving at 2,500! The three bay interior of the oil change bay was quickly reduced to a scene from the movie "The Fog"!

"Quick, open the bay doors I heard someone gasping from within this deadly cloud! All six doors cranked open as one and the smoke began clearing out.

"Boy, they cannot be paying you guys enough to work in this environment!" I said. "You better believe it!" was the quip I got back along with the comment that my injectors must have been sorely in need of the treatment since they had never seen that volume of gray smoke before! This could be because most of the driving I do is 3.5 miles between work and home with the occasional highway trip.

I headed home, rode the exercise bike, checked my e-mails (work and personal), talked to the gas company about my complaint which has not been resolved, dropped the Michigan courts an e-mail, and then did some blog posting.

Danielle will be here soon and off to Forest Hills Food we will go!

No comments: